REAL-TIME CLOCK (RTC)
• Automatic Switchover to Backup Supply • General consumer electronics
• I2C Interface
Supports Serial Clock up to 400 kHz
• Uses 32.768-kHz Crystal
With –63-ppm to +126-ppm Adjustment
• Integrated Oscillator-Fail Detection
• 8-Pin SOIC Package
• –40°C to 85°C Ambient Operating Temperature
The bq32000 device is a compatible replacement for industry standard real-time clocks.
The bq32000 features an automatic backup supply with integrated trickle charger. The backup supply can be
implemented using a capacitor or non-rechargeable battery. The bq32000 has a programmable calibration
adjustment from –63 ppm to +126 ppm. The BQ32000DR registers include an OF (oscillator fail) flag indicating the
status of the RTC oscillator, as well as a STOP bit that allows the host processor to disable the oscillator. The
time registers are normally updated once per second, and all the registers are updated at the same time to
prevent a timekeeping glitch. The bq32000 includes automatic leap-year compensation.
BQ32000DR Product Attributes
|Categories||Clock/Timing – Real Time Clocks|
|Features||Leap Year, Square Wave Output, Trickle-Charger|
|Time Format||HH:MM:SS (24 hr)|
|Interface||I²C, 2-Wire Serial|
|Voltage – Supply||3V ~ 3.6V|
|Voltage – Supply, Battery||1.4V ~ 3.6V|
|Current – Timekeeping (Max)||100µA @ 3.3V|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C ~ 85°C|
|Mounting Type||Surface Mount|
|Package / Case||8-SOIC (0.154″, 3.90mm Width)|
|Full Part Number||BQ32000DR|
|Base Part Number||BQ3200 Data sheet|
(1) For the most current package and ordering information, see the Package Option Addendum at the end of this document, or see the TI
web site at www.ti.com.
(2) Package drawings, thermal data, and symbolization are available at www.ti.com/packaging.
(3) xx = date code, y = assembly site, zzzz = lot code